Fine Art Department

Identity area

Type of entity

Department

Authorized form of name

Fine Art Department

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Painting Department, as it was originally called began in 1930 with the establishment of the College, under the direction of Stanley Reckless.

Department Chairs:
Stanley Reckless, Chair (1930-1955)
Lorser Feitelson, Chair (1956-1972)
Laurence Dreiband, Chair (1972-2012)
Tom Knechtel (Interim Chair during international search)(2012-2013)
Vanalyne Green, Chair (Fall 2014–Fall 2015)
Tom Knechtel (Interim Chair Fall 2015)
Tom Knechtel (Rotating Chair January 2016 – December 2017); Laura Cooper Associate Chair (Rotating Chairs – three year rotation to be reviewed in 2019)
Laura Cooper Chair; Jean Rasenberger Associate Chair (January 2018 - January 2021)

Directors:
Mitchell Kane, 2006-present

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places